Vintage MX Swapmeet Logo MESSAGE BOARD
General Discussion of Vintage MX

FAQ | SearchRegister | Log inBack to Swapmeet 

1964 or 1965 CZ 360?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swapmeet Discussion Board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soloshawn28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: 1964 or 1965 CZ 360? Reply with quote

For discussion. A gentleman called me this morning because of my website Washington State Motorcycle Hall of Fame looking for information on the valuation of a bike that he had no idea of. Here are the pictures. The carb is some home made deal, but the rest is authentic including fiberglass fenders. The tank, frame, air box don`t look 1965 though. Is it a 1964. i will get frame numbers from him, but they do match. How many production bikes were put out per year for the 360`s. And more importantly what do you think it is worth?
soloshawn28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The engine # is 300026 and a 969 model for a 360 twin pipe.
The frame # is 38811083 or a 85 or a 80.
The frame is the same as MX models of that era although the tank is of 1963 or earlier. The toolbox on the left side is original and the tabs for it are factory so the tabs on the left side are for # plates. Makes it look like an enduro frame that someone put a MX 360 twin pipe motor and pipes on. Rear fender is one piece and sprockets are all very good. No dents on rims and chrome is good.
jolieone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having owned many of these bikes, i can give you some information.

It`s a 1964, that someone used as a trail bike. It has a Bates seat that is not original, the tool box is not original, the gas tank is not original, should be the small fiberglass tank, the holes drilled into the air box are not original, shocks are not original, rear fender is not original, skid plate is not original.

The bike will take some work and money to be brought back to what it should be. This is an early 1964 and quite possible came with black fenders and a blue fiberglass gas tank.

Value depends on how bad someone wants one, this bike will take another 4-6k depending on the motor to get back to original. Personally i like bikes like this, i would pay around 6k depending on motor condition, in the end you will have about 12k invested. With bikes like this you need to have money to do them right otherwise it will drain your pocket book and if you look at the auctions they have not been bringing big money of late.
speedfab

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carb is a tillotson,used on vintage mcculloch kart eng
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swapmeet Discussion Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: